RCAP 1.0.0 Released
After starting in September 2009, RCAP 1.0.0 has been released.
The Common Alerting Protocol is a lightweight standard to facilitate the distribution of alerting data. RCAP is an implementation of the CAP in Ruby. It allows for the creation of RCAP messages from Ruby applications and the parsing of external messages.
The major addition in RCAP 1.0.0 is the addition of CAP 1.2 along with a number of other small additions.
- Added CAP 1.2 Support
- Added namespaces (RCAP::CAP_1_1 and RCAP::CAP_1_2) to separate CAP 1.1 and CAP 1.2 classes
- Moved to RSpec2 and Bundler
- Added factory methods to create Info, Resource, Area and Polygon objects from their parent object
- Added factory methods to RCAP::Alert module to parse in files and return objects in the correct CAP namespace
- Pretty print XML and JSON output
You can install the latest stable RCAP from the command
gem install rcap
A CAP validator based on RCAP is available at http://capvalidator.heroku.com.
Farrel Lifson is a lead developer at Aimred.